Edens Garden, 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil, Turmeric, Curcuma longa - 1 oz (30 ml)
- SKU: H_ZONE_AROMA_OIL_EDN_RP1_3764
- Availability: In Stock
FREE Shipping* on entire order when you buy this product
* Prime members only
* Free shipping covers up to $15.00.
* Liquid (juice or detergent etc.) and heavy weight products are excluded
- Each oil is available in 5, 10, 30, 100 and 250 ml- packaged in amber glass bottle with euro style dropper cap.
- Each order includes our 150 Ways to Use Essential Oils brochure.
- Each oil is GC/MS tested to ensure 100% certified pure therapeutic grade quality.
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam Distillation
PLANT PART: Herb
BLENDS WELL WITH: Tangerine, and other citrus; Ginger, and other spices
AROMA: Earthy, warm, and spicy with a curry-like aroma
COLOR: Bright Yellow
Turmeric is native to Asia. The plant grows to a height of about 3 feet and has yellow flowers. The root is bright-orange with a thin brownish skin. The rhizomes provide the spice. Turmeric belongs to the same family as ginger and is also known as Indian saffron. The plant was called Indian saffron during the Middle Ages because of its orange-yellow color. The dye is used to color cosmetics, foods, confectionery, fabrics and paper.
Turmeric essential oil is warming and be used to help with any painful joint condition. It is also a wonderful digestive aid and has been said to increase the release of bile, thereby helping to eliminate toxins. Calming for the nervous system, Turmeric offers a warm and calming support for reducing pain. The oil can stain light colored clothing so be sure to dilute it well.
Turmeric oil can be taken orally or applied externally. Here are some uses of turmeric essential oil.
- Anti-inflammatory: Some turmeric oils are 60-65% alpha-curcumene (a Sesquiterpene hydrocarbon). This is also the main constituent in turmeric root which gives turmeric its anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric oil has been used with other essential oil such as Frankincense, Plai, etc. for preparing anti-inflammatory and pain relieving formulas.
- Arthritis and joint problems: Turmeric oil has been found useful for arthritis and joint care. It also helps in muscle pain.
- Industrial usage: Turmeric oil is used as spice in food industry. It is also used in pharma industry where it is used in making anti-inflammatory, pain relieving, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, antiseptic (and more) drugs / ointments.
- Digestion related: Zingeriberene and 6-gingerol are main compounds present in turmeric oil which help in bringing digestive system in order and also stops formation of gas in gastrointestinal tract.
- Benefits to liver: Ar-turmerone, a compound present in turmeric oil is known to support liver and keep it healthy.
- Anticancer : Turmeric and turmeric oil both are now known to have anti-cancer properties.
- Skin and hair: turmeric oil is also known to help in preventing hair loss, especially male pattern baldness. This action is also attributed to its anti-oxidation and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric oil is also used in many skin care formulas to make skin look younger.
Turmeric essential oil
Consult your health care provider if pregnant, nursing, taking medication or being treated for a health condition. Dilute with carrier oil before topical application or bath use. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dark place.